It’s been a while since I’ve written anything here. To be honest I’ve just not felt like it. There has been a lot going on behind the scenes but that’s for another blog.
On 10th July this year (hopefully) I’ll be on the start line of Race to the Stones 100k. This race has been on my bucket list for several years and I finally decided to sign up, well for last year that is, so of course, it was deferred.
Whilst I’m now in training, I thought I should make note of some of my thoughts, so here goes:
- Weather – I don’t like weather! It’s either too hot, too cold, too windy or too wet. Can we just not have a nice temperate climate with no wind or rain please?
- Running – Sometimes I don’t actually like running. Those days when it’s really difficult and you feel rubbish, yup that’s when I really don’t like running.
- Hills – I really hate these. I have little short legs, those darn hills are really tough for me to get up. Mountain goat I will never be.
- Training – Trying hard to stick to a training plan, but the runs often get moved around dependant on what else is going on.
- People – I really miss running with people. So looking forward to that.
As this is just part 1 I shall leave it there for now. I am into my 3rd proper week of training and things are going okay. I know I’ll not be running the whole way and I’m doing the distance over the weekend, but that’s still over a marathon each day. I will be walking up hills and I expect there will be some swearing too. I just hope it goes ahead and I can get there. Travel arrangements have not yet been made.
Will do my best to update at least weekly, but there will be more confessions coming up 🙂